Sunday, June 5, 2016

Awesome Omelet

This healthy omelet takes about 15 minutes to make and it is a low carb cheesy delicious experience. When you eat a breakfast full of veggies, you can feel good about getting your day off to a good start.

Serves 1-2

Ingredients:

3-4 free range eggs
4 oz. of your favorite cheese
2 chopped button mushrooms
1/4 of a red bell pepper diced
1 cup of spinach
2 cloves of garlic minced
1 whole tomato
olive oil
Dash of Parmesan to garnish and Seasoning to taste - I use Italian seasoning, granulated garlic, onion powder, sea salt and pepper.

You can also add some onion to this, I don't always feel like cutting up an onion, so I usually omit that unless I have the veggies pre cut from the day before.
While I make a salad I might put a little onion, mushroom, bell pepper, and garlic, in a container so when I go to make this omelet, I just place the ingredients into a sauté pan and I am  halfway there.

Directions:

In a medium frying pan, sauté the mushrooms, bell pepper, and half of the garlic on low heat in a little olive oil with your desired seasonings. Meanwhile scramble the eggs and add some seasoning to them. When the veggies are a little soft add the eggs. Make sure the heat is very low, so the eggs don't burn while they get a chance to set. This may take about five minutes. Next, I dice up my tomato and place it on a plate, top it with the remaining garlic, drizzle it with olive oil and add a little seasoning.
Once the eggs have congealed, I throw in the cheese and spinach. Using a spatula, I fold it over, raise the heat to medium and then cover it for a few minutes, until the cheese melts and everything becomes brown and bubbly.

If the omelet does not fold over beautifully or you make a mess and egg dribbles all around the pan, that's perfectly OK. Just let it brown a bit and flip it again, it usually comes together nicely.

When you put the omelet on the plate, add any fallen veggies left in the pan to the top of the omelet and sprinkle a dash of Parmesan. I make this as a single serving for my husband, but it's quite large and can be shared by two.


 I make this often and it always looks a little different. 
You can vary the ingredients however you want, it always tastes amazing.



While you eat your omelet, 
take a look at my artwork on my Etsy site




1 comment: